WELCOME BACK to all our members
Visitors are also welcome.
All tee times must be pre booked online or by telephone
From Wednesday 13th May we are pleased to say that the course can be opened for play but with certain restrictions. Please ensure you follow social distancing guidelines and respect all staff and golfers at all times.
- Golfers can play in one or two balls with either members of their own household or one other golfer from another household. Initially 3 or 4 balls of players from the same household will not be allowed unless special permission is given by the Manager or the Pro Shop
- Tee times will be at 10 minute intervals
- All members and visitors are to book via the BRS system, online or by telephone (015242 76366)
- All juniors and under 18s should be accompanied by an adult
- To ensure fair access to tee times we would kindly ask that members only pre book 3 tee times in any 7 day period. However if tee times are available on the day they may be booked after 6am on that day. This request will be monitored and updated as required
- Please honour any tee times booked or cancel if not required
ARRIVAL AND WAITING TO PLAY
- The car park area outside the Pro Shop will be kept clear of vehicles to ensure safe entrance and exit to the course. Car park spaces will be made available for the Captains and the Pro.
- All golfers to arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before tee time
- All golfers to maintain 2 metre social distancing at all times
- All play is from the 1st tee only
- Shoes can be put on in the car park
- There will be a ONE WAY system through changing rooms. The front door of Clubhouse is EXIT only. Enter by changing rooms doors, hand washing facilities and hand sanitiser will be available. Exit the changing rooms via the Front door of Clubhouse at all times. There will be signs reminding players of this.
- The Clubhouse Lounge will not be open
- Limit on numbers at any one time and please do not use for social gatherings:-
- Ladies: No more than 2 in the locker room, No more than 2 in the toilet area
- Gents: No more than 3 in the locker room. No more than 2 in the toilet area
Times of opening of toilets and changing rooms may vary, please look out for notices.
- The door to the Pro Shop will be open. Opening times may vary depending on circumstances
- Maximum of 2 golfers in Pro Shop at any one time but keeping 2 metres apart.
- Payments to be by contactless payment if possible-or correct cash.
BUGGIES AND TROLLEYS
- These must be pre booked. They will be cleaned before and after use, but members may wish to bring their own wipes as well.
- All buggies/trolleys must be returned by 4.30pm.
- Practice Putting Green-only 2 players at any one time on practice putting green. The Flag hole number sticks will be removed. Priority should be for players next on the tee
- Practice Area-This area may be used, but only as a specific trip to the Golf Club and not before a round to avoid overcrowding. We would encourage golfers to come and practice at quieter times. Social distancing must be maintained
DRIVING RANGE is now OPEN
- Social distancing to be maintained at all times.
DURING THE ROUND
- Social distancing to be maintained at all times
- There will be no rakes in bunkers-players to rake sand with feet or their own club
- Do not handle the flagsticks. There is signage reminding players of this
- The holes on each green have liners to aid easy retrieval of balls
- Shoe cleaning machine is not in use
- Benches have been covered or removed from the course, and we ask you not to use them and kindly take home your own rubbish as much as possible. Please do not leave plastic bottles anywhere on the course, in the changing room areas or the car parks
- On completion of round, if entering the changing rooms, immediately wash hands, get changed and go home using the one way system-exit through front door. Do not congregate around the clubhouse
- Golfers own food and drinks can be consumed on the course, but not on the patio or in the Clubhouse. Please take home your own rubbish
- Only golfers who live in the same household can share a buggy, otherwise one each.
- Green keepers have priority at all times
- There will be regular cleaning of the Clubhouse, Pro Shop, Locker Rooms & toilets throughout the day
- Notices of instructions and reminders re washing hands, social distancing, will be displayed around the course and changing rooms
- Notice on 1st tee to stay away from the group in front
- Remember, if you are feeling unwell or show any symptoms such as a cough or high temperature, please do not come to the Club
- Social Play only-competition play, including supplementary rounds for handicap purposes are not introduced at this stage
These guidelines are not permanent and maybe updated or amended as required
Kirkby Lonsdale Golf Club is situated in the picturesque Lune Valley within the Yorkshire Dales National Park. We pride ourselves on giving all our visitors a warm Cumbrian welcome.
Our course measures 6594 yards and is laid out in over 165 acres of spectacular countryside.
Our 18 hole layout is set out in two anti-clockwise nine hole loops that make full use of the natural terrain. The front nine crosses Barbon Beck and works its way down to the River Lune, before returning back to the clubhouse. The back nine heads north up the valley, presenting you with spectacular views of the Howgill Fells, before heading to the high point of the course on the 15th green.
The final three holes then provide a strong finish as you turn back into the prevailing south westerly breeze, with our signature 17th hole being a par 3 to a green perched just over Barbon Beck
NEW LIFESTYLE MEMBERSHIP
This is a simple membership for golfers who are busy with work and family, and who may only be able to play a limited number of rounds during the year but want to enjoy all the benefits of membership of the Golf Club.
Initial payment of £300 for 15 rounds of golf. Additional rounds may then be purchased: - £100 for 5 rounds.
This is available to new members only and can be held for 24 months, after which one of our many standard memberships will be offered.
THE CUMBRIAN GOLF PASS £70 FOR 3 ROUNDS PER PERSON*
A round of golf at each of Kirkby Lonsdale, Penrith and Ulverston Golf Clubs-three of the best courses in Cumbria. All with stunning landscapes and situated in historic classic English market towns with great places to stay, eat and drink. Book your rounds by ringing any of the participating Clubs.
Kirkby Lonsdale -015242 76366 Penrith -01768 891919 Ulverston -01229 582924 *3 rounds to be played within 4 weeks
Visiting Group Packages
We offer a range of options for 18 or 27 holes with breakfast,
lunch, afternoon tea or evening meal catering options. These are priced
from £36 per person. Bookings for visiting groups of 8 or more golfers
are accepted any day of the week.
Further details of our combined golf and catering packages are available here.
To make an enquiry please call David Towers on 015242 76365 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a tailor made quote for any other golf and catering package.